‘Chef’ doesn’t mean that you’re the best cook, it simply means ‘boss.’ Tom Colicchio
Meal 1: Vegan creme of Mushroom soup
Length of Time:
30 – 45 min
I love mushrooms and was craving a good mushroom soup. It is also a low calorie meal.
- I replaced 3 teaspoons of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of nuttelex and half a cup of water to reduce calories.
What else would I change?:
- The chick pea flour I realised after I had finished cooking was high in calories and I think the soup was too thick because of it. Would not put in as much.
- I would also mix the flour in the liquid a bit first before putting it in. As mine had lots of small chunks.
I struggled finding the chick pea flour but found it in the international section at Coles
I did enjoy the soup but thought it was too thick which caused me to eat two serving as was not enough. I ended up putting in a lot of salt to give it a stronger taste. But all of this is fixable.
Meal 2: Vegan tomato soup
I ate a big breaky without realising and needed a low calorie meal.
- I swapped 3 spoons of olive oil for a tea spoon of nuttlex and half a cup of water.
- I added some curry as i felt that the soup was a bit sour and needed a little bit more flavour.
What else would I change:
- I would like to try it with the almond creme as i think the soup needed some more cremie love
On the recipe it says light coconut milk, I could not find it so just had to go with unsweetened.
After i put in the curry i enjoyed it more but before it was too plain and sour. It needed some more flavouring.
The texture was good and felt more like soup than the creme of mushroom.
3/5 and 4/5 after curry was put in.
Please check out these amazing meals and let me know what your thoughts are. If you are doing the fast 800, what did you do to make the calories lower?
One thought on “The fast 800: Review of 2 low calorie vegan recipes.”
Comments are closed.