“Stressed Spelled Backwards Is Desserts. Coincidence? I think not!” Unknown
As you all know I have struggled with my weight for awhile now. Trying all different diets to hopefully drop a few kgs. Well now I have decided to try the fast 800 diet after seeing my parents weight loss transformations. The only difference is it will be mostly vegan as I am trying to move to a vegan lifestyle.
What is the fast 800?
The fast 800 is part of Dr Michael Mosley 3 stage weight loss plan. It is the first stage of the plan where you only consume 800 calories a day till you get to your ideal weight. In this diet you should be dropping the kgs, so if you are a future bride who needs to lose weight, like myself I suggest giving this diet a try.
If you want to know more about this diet or the next stages check out the link below.
Why the fast 800?
I chose this diet as its about reducing your calories rather than what types of food you eat. You also drop the weight quickly which is a major plus.
It is a low maintenance diet so I can find foods at the supermarket that are low in calories or cook a soup which will last me a week. This diet is flexible and I can choose what i eat but have to be concious of the 800 calories limit.
Well I have decided to do this diet for 7 days and see how I go. I have taken the days between Easter and Anzac day off work so I get a total of 10 days break (Friday, 19 April till Sunday 28 April). 3 days to chill and 7 days of the diet. I will start my diet on the Saturday and hope I last till the end of Friday. During this time I will cook 6 vegan low calorie meals, which I will share with you in my future posts so stay tuned. I will also visit the gym every 2nd day.
- Hoping to lose 5kgs (I know I am pushing it)
- Learn to cook some low calorie vegan meals
- Become a better cook (as I am no chef)
- Become stronger by visiting the gym regularly
- Learn restraint (stop eating everything)
- Create a healthier routine
- Feel and be healthier
- Become more knowledgeable of the vegan food and low calorie meals.
- get used to recording calories.
How will I record the calories and weight?
My fitness pal is an awesome app I found a long time ago. It not only records your calories and weight but does so much more.
Things it can do:
- Record calories by searching food
- import recipes from certain websites
- record calories of all different recipes by copying and pasting (it can recognize the foods.)
- scan barcodes of food then calculates the calories
- records weight
- puts your weight into a graph so you can see your ups and downs
- allows you to insert pictures when you record your weight
- has recipes and tips
- links with other apps that may record steps. (mine is linked to my Samsung Health)
- records aerobic activity and calculates how many calories you have burnt.
This app can be used online, on your phone or both. It is also free!
Please see below link to find out more details or to create an account.
How will I get recipes?
The recipe’s I plan to get online as there are so many bloggers that write recipes that are vegan and low calorie. I will also try and change them a little to make them as low calorie as possible. I will share all these recipe’s with you and let you know what I liked and did not like.
So everyone watch this space as there will be other posts with reviews on recipes and my weight loss. Wish me luck and please if you have done this diet or plan to attempt it please share your experiences and pictures as I would love to see them!!!!
Leap Love Wonder